What are cookies?
Cookies are small files (such as scripts, pixels and tags) which are stored on your terminal device, with the help of your web browser. They can be used to provide comprehensive functionality, to make your user experience more convenient and to optimise content.
Types of cookies
We use both cookies and cookie-like technologies on our website (jointly referred to as ‘cookies’). The cookies used on our website can be divided into the four categories set out below. You can change your cookie settings at any time by clicking here. Please note that blocking certain types of cookies can impact on your experience of the website and/or the services available.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are necessary in order for the website to function correctly and are saved automatically when the website or a particular function is requested, unless you have disabled cookies in your browser settings.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies enable you to move around our website and use the features as we intended. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided – for example, remembering previous actions such as your previous cookie setting preferences. These cookies are used exclusively by Porsche and are therefore known as first-party cookies.
- These cookies are used for web analysis and reach measurement to allow us to measure and improve the overall performance of our website and optimise the content.
- Analytical Cookies, can for example, count the number of visits to our website and determine from which other websites our pages are accessed. We can therefore find out which sections of our website are most popular, which are the least frequented and how visitors navigate our website. If you have activated these cookies, you can deactivate them at any time in your settings above or via the settings in your browser.
- Marketing Cookies are used by our carefully selected third-party providers, to provide interest-based content and advertising on other websites and social media platforms, based on an analysis of previous usage behaviour on our website.
- Marketing Cookies can create usage profiles (behavioural profiles) based on information supplied by the providers of the retargeting/remarketing services we use, sometimes anonymously or using pseudonyms. We will not use your data collected in this way to personally identify you, and will never merge it with the personal data we hold about you. These cookies can also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement to avoid over exposure.
Cookie Storage Duration
- Most cookies are only required for the duration of your current service request or for your session and they are deleted or become invalid as soon as you leave our website or when your current session expires (so-called “session cookies”). Session cookies are used, for example, to hold certain information such as your registration for our website or your shopping basket.
- Just occasionally cookies are stored for a longer period, for instance to recognise you when you re-visit our websites at a later time and in order to be able to retrieve saved settings. This enables you to access our websites more quickly or conveniently and without having to reconfigure certain settings, such as your chosen language. Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period of time if you visit the page or domain which issued the cookie.
- These cookies are used for communication between various internal Porsche servers. They are saved at the start of a user interaction and deleted again once this has ended. During the interaction flow cookies receive a unique identification number, but this does not allow any kind of inferences regarding the actual customer or user or to enable us to personally identify you.
Third Party Content and Cookies
- Our website uses third-party services to integrate their content, for example plugins from social networking sites. The providers of this content are notified of your IP address; they would be unable to transfer the content to your device without this and the content would therefore not display. The Third-Party provider may also store cookies on your device.
- So-called “Third-Party Cookies” are saved and used by other companies or websites, for example by the providers of web analysis tools, or to show interest-based advertising. More detailed information on the cookies used by our Third Party providers, such as Google, Twitter, Facebook Inc, Linkedin & YouTube, can be found on Cookies Settings section on top of this page. Details on how to manage your settings and disable interest-based advertising with our Third Party providers can also be found on top of this page.
Integration of third-party videos
It is not obligatory to accept cookies when using our websites; if you do not want cookies to be stored on your terminal device, you can disable them by clicking via the relevant option on top of the page or in the system settings of your browser. You can delete saved cookies at any time in the browser system settings. You can select “Do not accept cookies” in your Internet browser settings. The process for managing and deleting cookies in your Internet browser settings is detailed in the help menu of your Internet browser. You can also disable all cookies using free Internet browser add-ons.
Please note that the functionality and functional scope of our website may be limited if you do not accept cookies.