The Drive Thru Concierge verifies receipt of client vehicles to the to the dealership service department, inspects and parks vehicles in the lot in an orderly manner. This role is processed through a 3rd party.
- Must be available on Tuesday and Thursday afternoon
- Receive and check in customer vehicles.
- Inspect vehicles for damage and verify condition of vehicle in the presence of the client.
- Assist with the preparation of vehicles for delivery.
- Assists with Customer Shuttle pick up/drop off
- Security and storage of vehicle keys.
- Ensure the lot is arranged, organized and free from litter and debris.
- Recording customer concerns and passing them on to the correct contact person
- Organization of service vehicles
- Adherence to all PCNT Health and Safety requirements
- Taking part in projects as assigned
Basic qualifications and skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of the automotive trade
- Valid Ontario G license (minimum 3 years)
- Ability to operate both standard and automatic transmission
- Energy, drive, focus, intellect and vision.
- Self-motivated with a result driven approach
- A team player
- A level of personal mobility to meet career ambitions
- A clear written and verbal communicator
- High levels of self-discipline and organizational ability; with a focus on delivering promises
- Willingness to challenge and to suggest alternative ways of doing things, and with a Continuous Improvement mindset and the ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively
- Strong attention to detail, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy.
- Time management skills.
- Trustworthy, respectful and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimum supervision.
The above list of Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities is not exhaustive. The job holder is expected to carry out other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time, in line with their ability. The Company reserves the right to vary the role content, within reason, with consultation and agreement, in accordance with business requirements.
Porsche Centre North Toronto is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontario’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of attending the interview.
Porsche is an equal opportunity employer, and we take pride in our diversity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Porsche will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Porsche does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, family and medical leave status, military status, criminal conviction history, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial or local law.