Porsche Centre North Toronto (“PCNT”) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding and protecting your personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
What Personal Information Does PCNT Collect?
Personal information is any information that is collected by PCNT, or be combined by PCNT and our service providers with other information to identify you. Personal information includes, but are not limited to the following: full name, home address, home telephone/cell number, personal e-mail address, date of birth, personal image, credit card or financial information, social insurance number, driver’s licence number, and other information associated with you such as cookies and browser settings.
The personal information PCNT collects from you depends on the nature of the services provided to you such as when you inquire about our products and services, create an account, make a purchase or complete a service transaction, enter a contest or promotion, communicate with us using our web forms to make a request or ask a question, submit a review, take a survey, or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication. For example, identifiable information may be requested such as drivers’ licence number, insurance information, or employment history to complete a credit check or the purchase of a new vehicle. If you intend to purchase products online, we will request credit card and other identifying information to process the transaction, and we will also ask you for contact information in order to ship the products.
How PCNT Collects Your Personal Information
PCNT collects your personal information from the following sources:
- When you visit our Porsche Centre for sales, leasing, financing or service transactions;
- When you set up an account or fill out forms online;
- When you make customer service inquiries, or fill out applications or surveys;
- When you contact us over the phone, e-mail, text, or other media to interact with a member of our team; or
- When you visit our website, information is automatically collected such as your browser settings and other data collected through cookies.
How PCNT Uses and Discloses Your Personal Information
PCNT uses and discloses your personal information in the following cases:
- To provide products and services to you and to manage our business operations which include: processing applications for credit or financing; completing service, sales and leasing transactions; communicating notices; responding to problems and inquiries; providing information on vehicles (i.e. warranty and recall notifications); registering your account; authenticating when you log into your account; validating inquiries related to your vehicles or service history; preventing potential fraud or loss; and analyzing business operations and website performances;
- With the manufacturers of the vehicles sold and serviced at our dealership, including their partners and affiliates, and with other third parties to assist us in our operations and to provide services to you. These third parties may be located outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada; and
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including with our promotional partners.
PCNT retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected the information or as required by law. We maintain a record retention and destruction program to remove and delete personal information when it is no longer needed or required.
Protecting Your Personal Information
PCNT ensures physical and technical measures are administered to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, theft or misuse.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, PCNT cannot fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information. As such, you should use your own discretion before sharing information that you consider to be sensitive.
PCNT will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information without your prior consent. You may expressly give your consent in writing, verbally, or through any electronic means. Your consent is required in order to provide you with the products and services you need such as performing a sale, leasing, credit, service, or warranty transaction.
How You Can Manage Your Personal Information
You are free to change your communication preferences with respect to phone, text, and e-mail communications by contacting our Privacy Officer at phone 416-494-4911 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
To unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing communications from us, simply e-mail “unsubscribe” to email@example.com, and you shall be removed from our list. Please note that it takes up to 10 days for the list to be updated.
You may withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. However, PCNT may retain information for audit purposes and to fulfill legal requirements.
If you set up an account through one of our websites, you will be able to manage, amend and delete the personal information stored in the account, or close the account at any time.
You have the right to access, update, correct and delete your personal information in our custody and control.
Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
PCNT automatically collects information when you visit our websites in order to customize your experience. For example, we may collect information about your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also collect information about how you browse through our websites, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, to personalize our offers to you, and to improve our websites.
Cookies and Interest Based Advertising
Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by PCNT or our service providers outside of Canada. Personal information that is used or stored outside of Canada will be subject to the laws of that country.
How to Contact PCNT
We are responsible for your personal information under our control and have appointed a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our handling practices.
To access your personal information, or if you have a question or complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer by phone at 416-494-4911, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail using the details below:
Porsche Centre North Toronto, 165 Yorkland Blvd Unit 100, North York, Ontario, M2J 4R2, Canada