Fasten your seatbelts, start your engines, its lights out and away we go here in Vancouver British Columbia. The ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is making another on the globe-trotting world tour in Season 8 as the all-electric street racing series heads back to Canada. Buckle up as all-electric racing brings excitement to streets of Vancouver. That’s right, Vancouver will play host to the FIA Formula – E next year in July of 2022.
The circuit will encompass the False Creek area starting on Pacific Boulevard near Rogers Arena and BC Place, looping back down towards Science World and then back up to the Arena. A total of 12 turns, including slight bends, ninety degree turns, and even 2 G-Force inducing hairpins. This fast-paced street circuit is likely to be one of the best events in Vancouver since the Winter Olympics, and will continue to be until the World Cup comes to North America. When you’re not watching the race, visit the Plaza of Nations E-Sports area to learn more about simulation racing, the fine motor skills it requires to become an E-Sports athlete and maybe even meet an E-Sports world champion. The Concord Community Park E-Volve area is great for watching the race, seeing some local brands and companies, and just lounging out in the sun on a sunny day.
The number one area to visit at Formula – E will be the Allianz E-Village. Here’s a glimpse of what you may get to see in this area located right next to science world.
- Meet the hero’s and get closer than ever to your favourite Formula – E driver at the Autograph Session, which takes place in the heart of the E-Village.
- Tune into the Drivers Presentation on the giant screens before the start of the race for exclusive interviews with the drivers, diving into their mindset ahead of the race.
- Watch all the track activity with local language commentary live on the giant screens around the E-Village and follow our presenters throughout the day as they interview drivers live from the pit lane and explore the Allianz E-Village, you may even catch yourself on TV!
- Take on the challenge in the Gaming Arena and compete on racing simulators to set the best lap around a Formula – E street circuit, with plenty of exciting prizes to be won.
- See prototypes and the cars of the future from some of the top automotive manufacturers. Alongside the collection of unique race and road cars, be sure to take a closer look at the Formula – E Gen2 cars and learn about the evolution of technology used in the race series.
- Dive into a tasty meal or snack at one of our food and beverage hubs inside the Allianz E-Village where everything is carefully presented and responsibly sourced.
The Tag Heuer Porsche Formula – E Team is equipped with two incredible drivers, Andre Lotterer and Pascal Wehrlein. Between the two drivers, there are nine podiums and 83 races, as well as a few impressive races in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Andre Lotterer had raced to the Stuttgart manufacturers first podium with the 99X Electric and landed a pole in Mexico City. Visit the Porsche brand activation area to see the historic 99X on display, try your hand at the Porsche simulators and you might event get a chance to speak with our drivers, so come prepared and have your questions ready, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Don’t miss out on the event of the decade, contact your Porsche Centre Richmond Brand Specialist to learn more about exclusive tickets and private suites. If you really want to immerse yourself into the action, inquire about the BOSS Emotion Club where you can have endless drinks at the open bar, premium gastronomy, access to garage tours, meet and greets with the drivers, pit lane walk opportunities, guaranteed seating, and much more. We look forward to seeing you there!