Classic exterior, high-tech interior: the new Radio Navigation System in a classic design, suitable for all classic Porsche cars with a DIN-1 slot. From the 911 F-model, to the 911 type 993, and for both four and eight-cylinder vehicles (excluding the Porsche 356). The new version of the Porsche system has been developed in conjunction with a German supplier. Intensive trials and extensive test drives have helped achieve not only further improvements in all areas, but also enhanced functionality. To ensure that you arrive at the correct destination in your classic Porsche, and are just as impressed by the sound of the Radio Navigation System as the sound of your vehicle. The system can be seamlessly integrated into the dashboard – preferably by an official Porsche Centre. It comes with two different switch designs, offering either a vintage or a classic look.
However, the developers also placed great emphasis on intuitive operation. The controls are based on those of the current Porsche Communication Management (PCM), and their ease of use has been extensively tested at the Technical University in Munich. The system can be operated via either the 3.5-inch touchscreen or the switches and buttons.
State-of-the-art navigation technology makes travelling to your destination a breeze – and provides a clear overview of how to get there. The system display and operation have been optimized to suit the high-definition 3.5-inch display. Route guidance can be shown in a choice of 2D, 3D or pure arrow view. The integrated Traffic Message Channel warns of any unpleasant surprises. And no one need miss their everyday digital comforts. Interfaces for iPhone®, iPod®, USB and AUX are of course available, allowing external music sources to be managed via the display. Bluetooth® – with internal and external microphone –enables in-car phone calls to be made. The Porsche Classic Radio Navigation System therefore allows classic vehicles with an analogue past to enjoy a digital future with enhanced sound.
Enhanced sound for Porsche classics.
The FM and AM radio has been given a major overhaul and the system’s technology optimized to suit the factory-fit aerials. The 4 x 45 watt output power delivers a full-bodied sound. The original factory-fit sound systems and amplifier can also be integrated, either directly or using an adapter cable. The adapter cable (part no. 91164220900) can be ordered from your Porsche Classic Partner or Porsche Centre.
Please note that the output power of the original factory-fit amplifier may be lower than that of the navigation device. Your first point of contact: your Porsche Classic Partner or Porsche Centre. You can order the Porsche Classic Radio Navigation System (part no. 91164529000) from your local experts.
- Design tailored to the interior of classic Porsche vehicles
- Choose from two knob designs for vintage cars or recent classics
- Fits perfectly into the dashboard
- Extensive testing of user-friendliness carried out at the Technical University in Munich
- Operation via touchscreen, knobs and buttons
- Optimised high-resolution 3.5-inch display
- Latest navigation technology including Porsche-specific points of interest
- Route guidance in 2D, 3D and as a basic arrow display
- Map material on micro SD card (8 GB)
- Additional micro SD card (4 GB) included
- Regular updates of SD map material available
- Integrated TMC (Traffic Message Channel)
- Interface for iPhone, iPod, USB and AUX
- Telephone function including transfer of the phonebook via Bluetooth (max. four phones, each with 1,250 contacts)
- Output 4 x 45 watts
- Integration of factory-fitted sound systems
- External music sources and phonebook can be controlled from the display
- Internal and external microphone