General benefits of the Porsche tracking concept:
1. The dealer website writes user interaction data into the Porsche Data Layer. (Example link to tracking documentation of a module): DWAAS:M1 - Main Navigation
2. Porsche Data Layer standardizes the way user interactions are tracked across all Porsche digital touchpoints in a common data model. Find all available Custom Dimensions: Overview of Custom Dimensions
3. The tag manager translates and distributes required data to the given technologies, considering the Porsche Tagging Governance process.
4. The integrated code sends and receives data (e.g. cookies) from backends.
5. Google Tag Manager and consent management tools ensures that data flows only if the user consented to and only to known and validated parties.
6. Updates to implemented code can be done without development efforts for the web application. Request your Tag integration via ticket: https://skyway.porsche.com/jira/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/1142/create/12904
Google Analytics is the foundation for data-driven marketing in order to derive insights on website (which content performs best, where are the users navigating or bouncing) or campaign performance (which channel performs best) and making data-driven decisions.
Discover the goals that are set up centrally: Google Analytics Goals
Create your own business specific goal: https://skyway.porsche.com/jira/plugins/servlet/desk/portal/1142/create/13281