The warranty conditions below do not affect the customer’s rights arising from the law, the pre-owned vehicle contract or any existing new vehicle warranty.
1. A warranty is provided for the correct operation of all parts of the following components for the vehicle described in more detail in the warranty certificate under the following conditions (for exceptions: See 5):
– Fuel and cooling system
– Drive and transmission
– Suspension and steering
– Brake system
– Heating and air conditioning
– Electrical system
Only vehicles that are approved for road use and have not been changed from standard production condition are covered by the warranty. This warranty becomes void if, after the application has been submitted, a technical modification is made that leads to the criteria in sentence 1 not being met.
2. The following customer groups are excluded from taking out contracts:
– Commercial vehicle dealers
– Leasing companies
– (Sport) driving schools
– Companies whose business purpose is commercial vehicle leasing or transporting passengers.
3. The customer can only claim free repair for defects covered under the guarantee. The following applies to processing a claim:
– The customer can make a claim with the Porsche Partner providing the warranty or another recognised Porsche Centre by submitting the fully completed warranty certificate. The customer must notify the Porsche Partner providing the warranty or another recognised Porsche Partner of the defect in writing or have this information registered with them as soon as it is detected.
– The repairs are carried out free of charge for the customer in accordance with the technical requirements by replacing or repairing the defective parts. The replaced parts become the property of the Porsche Partner providing the warranty or the authorised Porsche centre.
– If the repair costs exceed the value of a replacement unit, the claim is limited to the free installation of a replacement unit.
4. Warranty exemptions and conditions
No claims arise if the defect is caused by one of the following:
– The vehicle has not been treated properly or overloaded (e.g. over revving the engine), (including cases caused by external influence, in particular accidents, the use of undue force, theft and/or natural phenomena) and/or
– The vehicle has previously not been repaired, maintained or serviced properly at an establishment not recognised by the manufacturer for servicing and/or
– Parts have been installed in the vehicle the use of which has not been approved by the manufacturer and/or
– The vehicle has been modified in a manner which is not approved by the manufacturer and/or
– The customer has not maintained the vehicle in accordance with the conditions in the “Warranty & Maintenance” booklet.
– The workshop and recall campaigns published by Porsche were not implemented properly
on the vehicle and/or
– An uninsured part has damaged an insured part and/or
– The insured parts were damaged as a result of participation in driving events and the
associated practice drives and/or
– There has been deliberate or grossly negligent conduct or the claimant has fraudulently given misleading information about facts associated with the cause of the damage or the amount of damages.
The following are not insured or not replaced:
– Visual and acoustic defects that do not impair functionality
– Indirect or direct consequential damage (particularly towing costs, overnight costs, vehicle hire costs, damages for loss of use, particularly if there is a delay in acquiring spare parts)
– Costs for testing, measuring, adjustment, maintenance, inspection, care and/or cleaning work and procurement, disposal, freight and dispatch costs that are not directly connected with a defect covered under the warranty.
Ageing and natural wear and tear are not defects and are therefore excluded from warranty cover as a general principle. Below is an exhaustive list of items commonly subject to wear and tear, which will not be covered by your Policy should they fail due to wear and tear:
– Wiper blades
– Brake pads and discs
– Shock absorbers
– Clutch plate and pressure plate
– Drive belt including deflection and tensioning rollers
– Spark plugs
– Batteries (including high-voltage batteries)
– PDCC expansion tank
– All lights (excluding Xenon and LED lights)
– All filters, fluids, oils and greases
5. The claim for free repair is limited by the market value of the vehicle at the time the defect covered by the warranty occurred.
6. Claims other than those specified in 1–6 above do not exist, particularly claims for cancellation, reduction or reimbursement of other expenses incurred by the customer.
7. This warranty applies worldwide and mileage is not limited during the warranty period.
8. The warranty remains in force if the customer sells his vehicle to an end customer during the warranty period. However, it lapses if the purchaser comes under one of the customer groups specified in 3.
9. All claims arising from a warranty case lapse 12 months after the damage occurred but no later than 12 months after the expiry of the warranty period.
– The Porsche Partner specified above will provide the warranty.