By completing and submitting your registration form and payment for the Porsche World Roadshow Malaysia 2021 (“PWRS 2021”), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions governing PWRS 2021 as organized by Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn Bhd (“SDAP”):
- Individuals who submit the completed registration form with payment for PWRS 2021 (hereinafter referred to as the “Participant(s)”) agree that their participation is subject to the terms and conditions herein contained.
- Only the following persons shall be eligible to drive and participate in PWRS 2021 –
a. Fully vaccinated individuals, which include:
i. those having completed 14 days after receiving the second dose of the vaccines (for Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Sinovac) or
ii. 28 days for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson and CanSino).
b. Must be at least 25 years of age as of the date of PWRS 2021;
c. Has minimum of 5 years driving experience as of the date of PWRS 2021;
d. Possesses a valid driving license during PWRS 2021, which upon request shall be produced for inspection by SDAP or its representatives at any time;
e. Price of participation has been paid and fully received by SDAP completely as of the date of PWRS 2021.
- A valid driver’s license for PWRS 2021 consists of the following: Malaysian driver’s license and Singaporean driver’s license. International driver’s licenses are only acceptable in conjunction with a valid national driver’s license.
- The Participant shall present his or her valid driving license prior to the start of the driving programme and shall have no right to participate if he/she fails to do so.
- The Participant and his / her accompanying guest are required to conduct a COVID-19 self-test kit 2 days prior to their PWRS 2021 participation date, and upload the test result to their MySejahtera app.
- The PWRS 2021 programme will be conducted mostly in English. For safety reasons, participants need to have adequate understanding of the English language. If the participant does not meet the language requirements, he or she needs to arrange, on his or her own cost, the translation of such instructions by a duly qualified translator competent in particular with respect to vehicle specific terms and expressions.
- All placements for PWRS 2021 shall be subject to availability, and will be based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- It is a requirement that the Participant is comfortably dressed in non-flammable clothing that is suitable to the weather conditions and fully covers flesh from ankles up to and including the neck. Fully enclosed flat-soled shoes are mandatory. Race suits and helmets are provided when necessary.
- The Participant acknowledges, warrants and represents to SDAP that all details provided in the online registration form are true and correct, and that the Participant fully understands all the risks involved in driving a vehicle at PWRS 2021.
- A liability waiver and track waiver must be signed in order to participate in any driving programmes or activities conducted under PWRS 2021.
- Due to the nature of PWRS 2021, participation and vehicle usage is at the sole and absolute discretion of SDAP. SDAP may refuse to allow the Participant to participate, suspend or ban the Participant from participating in any part of or whole of PWRS 2021, at any time, in its absolute discretion, including if:
a. The Participant breaches any term of these Terms and Conditions;
b. A warranty or representation provided by the Participant is, or at any time, becomes untrue or inaccurate; or
c. SDAP determines, in its absolute discretion, that the Participant is mentally or physically unfit to participate in any aspect of PWRS 2021.
- Due to the physically demanding nature of the Porsche driving experience activities, participants must be in good physical condition. Pregnant women and persons with a history of serious health conditions, including, but not limited to, heart attack, angina or stroke should not participate. Participants should have no known physical or mental impairments that could put them or others at risk by their involvement in the scheduled course. If you are prone to motion sickness, please take the appropriate precautions, consider anti-nausea medication and refrain from eating before your experience.
- Photographs and/or videos may be taken during PWRS 2021. By participating in PWRS 2021, the Participant grants SDAP the right to use their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film or other recording) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration in relation to PWRS 2021 and/or for the purpose of promoting any of SDAP’s events and/or products. This might include using them in printed and online publicity and social media.
- Should the event be cancelled, shortened, altered or interrupted, SDAP will not have any liability to you in relation to any losses, damage, costs, expenses or liabilities you may suffer or incur as a result of or arising out of such cancellation, alteration or interruption, including any travel and accommodation expenses you may have incurred, unless required by law. This includes circumstances where there is inclement weather or any other unforeseen conditions during PWRS 2021 that prevents PWRS 2021 from proceeding.
- The Participants warrants and represents that he/she/participant complies with the above requirements and shall comply with all the requirements of SDAP and applicable governing laws for PWRS 2021.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other drug or intoxication substance that may impair driving ability is strictly prohibited prior to and during the driving portion of the Event. PCL reserves the right to refuse to allow any person to participate in the driving portion of the Event who it reasonably suspects may be under the influence of alcohol or any other drug or intoxicating substance. No refund of any portion of the Event price will be provided should a Participant be excluded from all or any portion of Event under this terms and conditions.
Regulations regarding COVID-19
- Individual screening of participants and guest on arrival will be conducted (a forehead temperature check), and SDAP or any of its employee or agency reserves the right to decline entry or participation to any Participant or guest showing COVID-19 symptoms, however mild.
- It is compulsory for guests to wear face masks, except when they have a balaclava and helmet on during the driving programmes at PWRS 2021.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals are allowed to attend PWRS 2021. The Participant and their accompanying guest must have completed their vaccination doses:
- those having completed 14 days after receiving the second dose of the vaccines (for Pfizer, AstraZeneca, dan Sinovac) or
- 28 days for single-dose vaccines (Johnson & Johnson dan CanSino).
- Subject to abovementioned clauses, the Participant must not participate in PWRS 2021 if they have:
- COVID-19 or have had COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- have a fever, sore throat or other cold/flu-like symptoms, loss of sense of smell or taste, feeling unwell and/or other COVID-19 symptoms;
- been in close contact with someone showing any of the above symptoms and/or diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- have been in a COVID-19 hotspot;
- have travelled from overseas within the past 14 days;
- have been recommended to self-isolate or quarantine by health professionals.