General Warranty Terms
- Your Porsche must be maintained according to its respective annual maintenance and inspection schedule by a Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn. Bhd. (SDAP) workshop.
- Your Porsche must not be modified. This includes but is not limited to things like painted brake calipers, vehicle wraps, after market wheels, after market audio systems or electrical gadgets etc.
- You may however take the option to enhance your Porsche with items from our Tequipment range, and this will not affect your warranty policy.
- No claims arise if the defect is caused by one of the following:
a. The vehicle has not been treated properly or damage is caused by misuse, improper use or overstraining of the vehicle e.g. in motorsport competitions or as a result of overloading. This includes but is not limited to cases caused by external influence, in particular accidents, the use of undue force, theft and/or natural phenomena.
b. The vehicle has previously not been repaired, maintained or serviced properly by a SDAP workshop, or an establishment not recognized by SDAP for servicing.
c. Parts have been installed in the vehicle the use of which has not been approved by SDAP.
d. The vehicle has been modified in a manner which is not approved by SDAP.
e. There has been deliberate or grossly negligent conduct or the claimant has fraudulently given misleading information about facts associated with the cause of the damage or the amount of damages.
- Failure to report the defect immediately or the Customer’s failure to provide an opportunity for rectification without delay despite having been requested to do so will result in voiding the respective claim.
- If activating a warranty extension, your Porsche must have a mileage less than 200,000km and coverage is only up to 15 years since delivery.
- The following are not covered under a warranty extension policy:
a. Visual and acoustic defects which do not affect the functionality of a component.
b. Indirect or direct consequential damage (particularly towing costs, overnight costs, vehicle hire costs, damages for loss of use, particularly if there is a delay in acquiring spare parts).
c. Costs for testing, measuring, adjustment, maintenance, inspection, care and/or cleaning work and procurement, disposal, freight and dispatch costs that are not directly connected with a defect covered under the warranty.
- The warranty does not cover certain parts, which are subject to ageing and natural wear and tear as these do not constitute material defects. The following components are not covered, if they must be repaired or replaced due to ageing or regular wear and tear:
a. Wiper blades
c. Brake pads and brake discs
d. Shock absorber
e. Clutch plate and clutch pressure plate
f. Drive belt including deflection and tensioning guide rails and roller
g. Spark plugs
i. PDCC expansion tank (PDCC reservoir)
k. All light bulbs (excluding Xenon and LED lights)
l. All filters, fluids, oils and greases
- Vehicles belonging to commercial vehicle dealers, leasing companies, (sport) driving schools and companies whose business purpose is commercial vehicle leasing or transporting passengers are excluded from this warranty coverage.
- Grey vehicles (Vehicle which have been parallel imported by non-Porsche authorised means) are excluded from warranty until verification of all importation documents is completed by SDAP via the Porsche Adoption Package.
1, 2 or 3-year Warranty Extension
- When nearing the end of your 4-years peace of mind warranty policy provided during delivery of your new car, you have the option to extend your warranty for an additional 12, 24 months or 36 months for even greater peace of mind.
- There must be no outstanding repairs on your Porsche in order to purchase a warranty extension, which is determined during a 111-point inspection conducted by the workshop.
- It is advised for a service appointment to be made while your Porsche is still covered under its current warranty policy, so that any warranty relevant repairs can be conducted first before the warranty extension.
1, 2 or 3-yearStand Alone Warranty Extension
- A stand-alone warranty means that a Porsche is currently without any kind of warranty coverage.
- The vehicle must first have a 111-point inspection completed by the workshop. Any repairs that are required and highlighted this inspection must first be completed at your own cost as a retail repair before the warranty extension can be purchased.
1, 2 or 3-year Pre-owned Car Warranty
- All Porsche Pre-Owned vehicles sold through SDAP are provided with manufacturer's Pre-Owned warranty for a minimum 2 years coverage. This policy has the same exclusions as the extended warranty policy mentioned above.