A breakdown is never ideal, but rest assured that we are here to help and can be reach 24 hours at 1800 80 1117.
In the event of a breakdown, an accident or theft, please contact Porsche Assistance emergency hotline immediately. Specialist staff working for our Porsche Assistance partners will answer to your emergency and make sure the appropriate action is taken.
If your vehicle is currently at a Porsche Centre, the Centre may assist you further, however this would not be considered a breakdown and not covered by the Porsche Assistance mobility services.
Please also note that arrangement decisions which are made without prior consultation with Porsche Assistance will not be covered under the program.
What to do in a motoring emergency
Please prepare the following information for the call centre to assist you and do note that Porsche Assistance will help in case of an accident, however the towing costs will be charged to you.
- Type, model and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) - This can be found on the outside lower left section of your windscreen or in your vehicle registration documents.
- Mileage and registration number.
- Name of your usual Porsche Centre.
- Date you took delivery of your Porsche, or when you last Purchased a warranty extension.
Details of damage
- Type of damage and description of how it occurred.
- Exact location of the vehicle.
- Telephone number at which you can be reached.
As a travel and mobility service, Porsche Assistance comes into effect whenever you require assistance with your vehicle – anytime and virtually anywhere in Asia Pacific*. Porsche Assistance provides a 24 hour free of charge assistance service across Asia for the period of the New Car warranty and Porsche Pre-owned Car warranty.
All new Vehicles sold by Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn. Bhd. and registered for warranty in WWS will be automatically covered for a two-year period from the date of purchase of the Vehicle (New Vehicle Cover).
Used Vehicles sold by Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn. Bhd dealers and registered for the Porsche Approved warranty in WWS may be covered at the dealer’s option for a one year or two-year coverage effective from the date of purchase of the Vehicle (Porsche Approved Cover).
Porsche Assistance is not transferable from car to car but is transferable to subsequent owners of the Porsche. Please note that benefits of Porsche Assistance, and the cover to which it relates, do not in any respect include the payment of the cost of spare parts or repairs carried out to your Porsche, unless the part is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, conditions apply.
In addition to the vehicle owner, the policy covers all authorised drivers and passengers up to the maximum permissible number of occupants. Hitchhikers are not covered.
Duration of Cover
Roadside assistance for Malaysian new vehicles is four years from the date on which the vehicle was delivered.
If the vehicle is sold within the specified period, the Porsche Assistance cover is transferred to the new vehicle owner.
Porsche Assistance for Porsche Approved pre-owned cars is valid for the specified period on the insurance policy.
If the vehicle is sold to an end user within the specified period (see Conditions of Porsche Approved warranty), the Porsche Assistance cover will be transferred to the new vehicle owner.
Cover is provided for motoring emergencies that occur in the following countries and regions:
Brunei, Indonesia (Jakarta, Bogor, Tangerang, Bekasi and Surabaya), Malaysia, Philippines (Island of Luzon only), Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Please note that mobility services can only be provided subject to local availability and circumstances.
Porsche Assistance becomes effective in the event of a breakdown, an accident or theft.
A breakdown is classed as any sudden and unforeseen malfunction of the vehicle due to:
- failure of the vehicle or
- failure of mechanical or electrical Genuine Parts during the period of cover
These also include the following eventualities:
- unforeseen fluid leaks
- tyre damage
- battery failure
- as well as problems for which the driver is responsible, e.g. losing the keys or locking them in the vehicle and running out of fuel
A situation is not deemed to be a breakdown if your vehicle is already at or if you can get the vehicle to a Porsche Centre on your own (i.e. without the services of Porsche Assistance), except if you are travelling abroad more than 50 km from the beneficiary’s place of residence and driving is severely limited and the continuation of travel with the vehicle is not possible.
In such cases, Porsche Assistance will provide assistance free of charge with organising other services. However, the cost of such services is not covered and shall not be borne by Porsche Assistance.
Other situations not considered to be a breakdown include:
- defects on a trailer
- the general recall of products
- regular services or other maintenance work
- installation of accessories
- fire (not due to vehicle components)
- defects resulting from excessive or inappropriate use of the vehicle
In addition, the following causes of loss or damage are not covered:
- incidents due to force majeure, war, strikes, confiscation, bans or constraint from government authorities, explosions of objects and nuclear or radioactive impacts
- incidents occurring during participation in motorsport events or associated training drives, including events organised by the Porsche Sports Driving School
- damage due to trailer or payload defects or due to the vehicle being driven by an unauthorised driver
- incidents resulting from a replacement part or accessory which has been fitted to the vehicle, but which is not approved by Porsche
- incidents resulting from failure to carry out the required maintenance work
- vandalism or damage caused by animals (e.g. martens)
Primary Scope of Services
Breakdown and Accident Assistance
If you cannot set out on or continue a journey within the territories covered in the insured vehicle due to a minor failure or mishap (e.g. running out of fuel or a flat battery), Porsche Assistance will arrange for a breakdown service provider to restore your vehicle to working order at the location of the incident.
This service will be provided whenever a repair is possible and is not prejudicial to the warranty (e.g. jump start, changing tyres).
Roadside assistance will only be provided on public highways or at the policy holder’s home address.
For off-road and all-terrain vehicles (e.g. Porsche Cayenne), the service will also be provided off-road in cases where access is possible and legally permitted.
Recovery and towing
If you cannot set out on or continue a journey in the insured vehicle due to a breakdown, accident or theft and if the vehicle cannot be restored to working order at the location of the incident, Porsche Assistance will have your vehicle towed to the Porsche Centre of your choice and will bear the costs incurred. In addition, a new online Track and Trace feature will be available for you to access and retrieve real time information about the exact location of the towing vehicle at all times. If you insist to have your vehicle towed to the dealer where you bought it, and that it is not the nearest Porsche Partner, you are able to do so at no additional charge. If your vehicle needs to be recovered before towing, Porsche Assistance will arrange for this, including any trailer and cargo (excluding commercially transported goods).
Secondary Scope od Services
To keep you mobile in the event your Porsche has been taken to the Porsche Centre, you can select one of the three following options.
Replacement vehicle after breakdown
If your vehicle is no longer roadworthy after a breakdown, accident or theft and cannot be restored to working order at the incident location or at the nearest Porsche Centre, Porsche Assistance will arrange for a replacement vehicle, for which it will bear the cost for the duration of the required repair for up to a maximum of 15 working days. You are responsible for covering any fuel costs or rental cost that exceed this period.
Please note that the provision of replacement vehicles is subject to local availability. Wherever possible, the replacement car will be a continental car model. The rental terms of the vehicle rental company shall apply. Please also note that a credit card must usually be presented in order to hire a replacement vehicle. If necessary, a taxi for collecting the replacement vehicle for up to 50 km is covered.
If accommodation is required for an extra night, Porsche Assistance will also cover the accommodation costs for all insured vehicle occupants for 1 night in a 4 or 5 star hotel. Please note that this cover only relates to room tariffs including breakfast and taxes. Any additional expenses such as telephone charges, room service, etc. shall be your responsibility and must be paid prior to checking out of the hotel.
Onward travel or journey home
If your vehicle cannot be restored to working order after a breakdown, accident or theft more than 50 km by road from the policy holder’s place of residence, Porsche Assistance will cover the following expenses:
- onward travel for all vehicle occupants from the incident location to either the destination or the policy holder’s place of residence
- travel for all passengers from the destination back to the incident location to collect the repaired vehicle
- return travel for all passengers from the destination to the policy holder’s place of residence in cases where the vehicle is still being repaired
The cost of continuing the journey or the journey home shall be refunded:
- to the amount of first-class train tickets
- for an economy class flight, if the travel time by train exceeds six hours
Costs can only be reimbursed upon presentation of the original receipts. In addition, Porsche Assistance will pay the cost of a taxi for up to 50 km.
Cost of overnight accommodation
If your vehicle cannot be restored to working order on the same day after a breakdown, accident or theft more than 50 km by road from the policy holder’s place of residence, Porsche Assistance will bear the cost of
overnight accommodation for the period of the necessary repairs for up to a maximum of 5 nights in a 4 or 5 star hotel. Please note that this cover only relates to room tariffs including breakfast and taxes. Any additional expenses such as telephone charges, room service, etc. shall be your responsibility and must be paid prior to checking out of the hotel.
Furthermore, Porsche Assistance will cover the cost of a taxi for up to 50 km.
Collection/repatriation of the repaired vehicle
If your vehicle could not be restored to working order on the same day after a breakdown, accident or theft more than 50 km by road from the policy holder’s residence, and if you have already left the incident location before repairs were complete, Porsche Assistance will cover the cost of:
- a return journey for one person to the incident location to collect the repaired vehicle or
- delivery of the repaired vehicle to its destination or the policy holder’s place of residence, if it is not possible for an individual to return to the incident location to collect the vehicle
The cost of returning to the incident location will be reimbursed:
- to the amount of a first-class train ticket
- for an economy class flight, if the travel time by train exceeds six hours
Costs can only be reimbursed upon presentation of the original receipts.
Adverse weather conditions
On occasions when adverse weather conditions such as floods, heavy thunder and lightning challenge external resources, some operations may become physically impossible until the weather improves.
During such times, our main priority is to ensure that you and your passengers are taken to a safe place; the recovery of your Porsche may not be possible until weather conditions permit it.
In the case of a false statement, Porsche Assistance shall have the right to refuse any or all the benefits. In the unlikely event of a dispute arising, for which a satisfactory solution cannot be found, Porsche Assistance reserves the right to appoint a third party to act as an arbitrator to resolve the matter. Porsche Assistance reserves the right to withdraw or amend services to this programme without notice.
Benefit levels – hotel and car hire
During the course of service, Porsche Assistance will make arrangements and pay for hotel accommodation and car hire as applicable within the terms of this policy. If you request to upgrade the hotel room or type of car hire arranged by Porsche Assistance, you will be responsible for any difference in costs. You will be required to pay these additional costs at the time of service.
Removal of belongings prior to recovery Please ensure that you remove all belongings from your Porsche prior to recovery. Porsche Assistance will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings left in the Porsche.
Porsche Assistance is purely intended to cover emergency situations. As a result, this program will not cover any of the following problems that you may encounter while driving your Porsche – unless there is a real and discernible threat to your personal safety and the safety of others:
- Faulty fuel gauge
- Speedometer not working
- Boot cannot be opened
- Front and/or rear demisters not functioning
- Horn not functioning
- Door mirrors damaged
- Rear view mirror damaged but not obstructing the driver’s vision
- Fuel cap is damaged or faulty and the Porsche has enough fuel in the tank to enable it to reach the nearest Porsche Service Centre
- Roof of convertible cannot be opened
- Sunroof cannot be opened
- Windows cannot be opened
- Seat adjustor is faulty but the Porsche can be safely driven
- Passenger seat belt faulty and there are no passengers in the Porsche
- Security system faulty but the Porsche is not immobilized and alarm is not sounding continuously
- ABS lights illuminated
- Airbag warning lights illuminated
- Traction control lights illuminated
- Other non-safety related lights/ service warnings illuminated
- Running out of windscreen washer fluid
- Rear windscreen wiper faulty
Whilst the services rendered under Porsche Assistance are intended to be at no cost to you, we wish to clarify that we will not be responsible for the following:
- Loss or damage to any property carried in or on your Porsche.
- Any expenses incurred without the prior authorization of Porsche Assistance or not expressly provided for in this policy.
- Cost of replacement parts.
- Cost of repairs made to your Porsche.
- Any costs resulting from participation in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration tests, excluding events organised by the Porsche Sports Driving School.
- Any costs resulting from your Porsche being kept in an un-roadworthy condition or not being serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Any costs as a result of damage and/ or claims caused while the driver was operating the Porsche under influence of alcohol, solvent abuse, drugs, or other illegal substances.
- Any costs resulting from participation in a criminal act or offense.
- Any consequential losses arising directly or indirectly from the immobilization.
- If, as result of a road traffic accident or other incidents, specialist equipment is required during the course of recovering your Porsche, the cost for this specialist equipment will be your responsibility. We recommend that you seek reimbursement of such costs under the terms of you motor insurance policy.
- In the event that the authorities or other authorized organizations recover your Porsche, it will be your responsibility to pay any resulting release fees before we can remove your Porsche to a Porsche Service Centre. If, in the opinion of Porsche Assistance, we believe that a recurring fault is due to poor maintenance of your Porsche, we reserve the right to request proof of servicing and to specify immediate recovery to a Porsche Service Centre.