Your new or Porsche Approved Pre-Owned vehicle came with a factory warranty giving you reassurance of your Porsche’s quality. You can take the same peace of mind with you in the long life of your Porsche by extending your warranty. You may elect to extend your existing Porsche warranty for up to 15 years, so you can look forward to many thousands of kilometres of stress-free driving pleasure from your Porsche. That’s something that you clearly don’t want to miss.
Your ability to extend your Porsche warranty is available on qualifying Porsche vehicles aged between one and fourteen years provided the total mileage is less than 200,000 km. Each warranty extension is available for 12-, 24- or 36-month terms (to a maximum of 15 years) and is accepted by Official Porsche Centres throughout New Zealand and, in fact, the world. You may extend your Porsche warranty more than once.
The Benefits of the Porsche Approved Warranty:
- Coverage for Porsche vehicles up to 15 years old*
- Worldwide validity
- Redeemable in every Official Porsche Centre.
- Optional duration: 12, 24 or 36 months
- No mileage limit within the warranty period
- All component repairs are covered without excess, including parts and labour (excluding stated wear and tear items)
- Only Porsche Genuine Parts are used
- The warranty and the ability to extend the warranty within the age and mileage limits is fully transferable provided the car is sold privately
- Complimentary Porsche Roadside Assistance
- Complimentary mobility during warranty repairs
*The warranty is not transferable to licensed motor vehicle dealers acquiring the vehicle for the purpose of resale, rental car entities or businesses whose purpose is transporting passengers.
Like your car, we want to ensure your Porsche Approved Warranty also stands for reliability and trust. It removes any doubt regarding coverage of defects as your vehicle ages. We believe it provides complete peace of mind that the quality of your Porsche is guaranteed and maintained with very few exclusions (wear and tear exclusions as listed below).
Importantly, a Porsche Approved Warranty does not affect or limit your rights under The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, which sets minimum standards guarantees for goods/products and services bought for personal use but provides benefits over and above the Act’s guarantees.
The following wear and tear components or units of a vehicle are excluded:
- Spark plugs, drive belt including drive belt deflection roller and tensioner
- Clutch disc and pressure plate
- Shock absorbers, tyres, tyre sealant, Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) reservoir
- Brake pads, brake discs and wear sensors
- Wiper blades
- Refrigerant gas
- All bulbs (except Xenon and LED lamps), fuses, batteries
- Wiper blades, floor mats, fire extinguisher
- Visual and acoustic defects, rattles
- All filters, fluids, oils and greases
As a Porsche ages, it might undergo visual and acoustic changes without affecting its functionality (e.g. cracks in the leather). Visual and acoustic concerns and the wear and tear items listed above are excluded from the warranty extension and should be attended to during normal scheduled servicing and maintenance.
Provided your vehicle passes the technical inspection, extending your warranty is easy. Simply contact your Service Consultant at your preferred Official Porsche Centre. If you have recently had your Porsche serviced at an Official Porsche Centre, your Service Consultant may even be able to extend your warranty over the phone without the need for an additional inspection.
If your vehicle’s policy has expired, provided the ownership of the vehicle has not changed, the policy can also be extended once the vehicle has passed the technical inspection and any faults detected repaired using Porsche Genuine Parts.
If you have any questions about the Porsche Approved Warranty, your Porsche Centre will be happy to answer them at your convenience and is looking forward to your visit!
In the meanwhile, you can have a closer look at the warranty pricing and conditions here.