The information provided below is intended as a general guide. Please refer to your vehicle documentation or Porsche Centre Penang service department for the prevailing Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Porsche manufacturers warranty is applied to all of our vehicles sold via Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn. Bhd. and there are a number of types and policies which can be confusing. New vehicles are generally delivered with a "4 Years Piece of Mind" Package which bundles 4 years Warranty and 4 Years Free Maintenance package. Your Porsche Warranty Policy is very different from the Porsche Maintenance package which has separate terms and conditions.
In order to maintain the validity of your warranty policy or ensure a claim is approved, it is important to understand some key points from the warranty policy terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are explained to you and a copy provided during the delivery of your vehicle.
- Your Porsche must be maintained according its respective annual maintenance and inspection schedule by a Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn. Bhd workshop.
- Your Porsche must not be modified. This includes (but not limited to) things like painted brake calipers, vehicle wraps, after market wheels, after market audio systems or electrical gadgets etc.
You may however take the option to enhance your Porsche with items from our Tequipment range, and this will not affect your warranty policy.
- Your warranty policy does not cover damage caused by misuse, improper use or overstraining of the vehicle, e.g. in motorsport competitions or as a result of overloading.
- Failure to report the defect immediately or the Customer’s failure to provide an opportunity for rectification without delay despite having been requested to do so will result in voiding the respective claim.
- If activating a warranty extension, your Porsche must have a mileage less than 200,000km and less than 8 years from new car delivery at the time of inspection.
- It’s important to note that optical or acoustic defects which do not affect the functionality of a component are not covered under a warranty extension policy.
- Grey vehicles (Vehicle which have been parallel imported by non-Porsche authorised means) are excluded from warranty until verification of all importation documents is completed by Sime Darby Auto Performance. Find out more here about the Porsche Adoption Package.
4 Years Warranty, New Vehicle Delivery
All Porsche vehicles imported and sold via Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn Bhd are provided with a 4-year manufacturer’s warranty and dedicated Road Side Assistance. Vehicles maintained or imported to Malaysia by other means than Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn Bhd may affect the validity of this warranty.
1 or 3 Year Warranty Extensions
When nearing the end of your 4 year new car warranty policy, you have the option to extend your warranty even longer. Porsche Centre Penang offers a One Year or Two year warranty extension, to give you even greater piece of mind. In order to purchase a warranty extension, It’s important to note that your Porsche must be in top condition with no outstanding repairs. This is determined during a 111 Point inspection conducted by the workshop. This means is critical that you come to Porsche Centre Penang while your Porsche is still covered under its current warranty policy, so that any warranty relevant repairs can be conducted first before extending the warranty.
1 or 3 Year Stand-Alone Warranty Extension
A stand-alone warranty means that a Porsche is currently without any kind of warranty coverage. As like the warranty extension mentioned above, the vehicle must first have a 111-point inspection completed by the workshop. The difference here is that any repairs which are highlighted during this inspection must first be completed at your own cost as a retail repair.
1 or 3 Year Pre-Owned Car Warranty
All Porsche Pre-Owned vehicles sold through Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn. Bhd. are provided with manufacturer's Pre-Owned warranty for a minimum 2 years coverage. This policy has the same exclusions as the extended warranty policy mentioned above.
Porsche Long Life Guarantee
For the avoidance of doubts, the word ‘guarantee’ appearing throughout the Guarantee and Maintenance Booklet of the new Porsche vehicle shall be replaced with the word ‘warranty’. This policy covers against rust holes in the body shell of the car for a period of 12 years or paint defects for 3 years from the date of delivery.
Details of the prevailing policy can be found in your vehicle documentation, Guarantee & Maintenance booklet, but the key points to note are:
- The Long-life guarantee is valid only if your Porsche is cared for in accordance with the "Car Care Instructions" in the respective Driver's Manual. Any Damage to the paintwork or protective coatings must be repaired properly without delay
- The Long-life guarantee does not apply to rust holes which were caused as a result of traffic accidents or mechanical damage to the body work, paintwork, corrosion-proofing and preservation. All body repairs must be performed in accordance with Porsche AG instructions by a Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn. Bhd. authorised body-shop.
- In order to uphold claims under the Long-life guarantee, a condition report must be conducted every 2 years from the date of delivery. This inspection is completed during regular maintenance and recorded in your Guarantee and Maintenance booklet under "Record of Long-Life Guarantee Condition Report".